Alright! It's done. I've been to the canyon land and back! So put simple, this trip made it real to me. I'm just slightly scared right now, but not much. It'll be fun. I got there Friday afternoon and then stayed until Monday morning... didn't find work or an apartment, which were the objectives.
It's beautiful country. the congregation has approx. 40 publishers, they have 5 elders and no MS's and no Pioneers. It's actually difficult pioneering territory since there is no place to do early morning and probably not the safest to be out all alone... when your Asian. :P But then again, I think of those missionaries that were sent out to far away dangerous lands... They did it right? Well, then, SO CAN I!
Anyway, I'll be moving out of my apartment at the end of March in to storage here in Portland. And then I will be moving on the 30th of April to a storage out there since I haven't found a place to live yet. Yay! I will be attending the SAD out in Pendelton on the 25th.
From now til then... It'll be a race to get things done and get loose ends tied up.
Here's to crazy busy!
Of course this picture comes in all messed up... it's actually really perdy.

Going over the Mt. Hood pass
Driving down by Madras is the canyon
Not sure where this is, but it's really cool
FINALLY GOT CELL SERVICE!!!! just south of Fossil on hwy 26 at Mitchell. Pulled over and made some calls.
Only about 60 miles away!
Here we go!!!!
The Kingdom hall
KH setting
View of John Day
Onthe hill side of John Day where there are a few big houses

My coordinator. His name is Jack Russell

The stairway to the attic. Weird!, start with your left foot.
A stagecoach museum
Sign explaining the establishment of the town.
It snowed the day I left
Going back through that canyon 60 miles out. I headed north to Fossil on the way back though.
more canyon
clouds
... this is a picture...
The straight road by the windmill farm
Sweet pic.
Those are cool. They make a cool swishing sound.
On hwy 84 just outside of Hood River. The Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!!!
Wha?
No comments:
Post a Comment