Friday, March 13, 2009

BAMA BABY!

Tuscaloosa. Alabama. Booya granma! ... actually I don't really know why I said that. It's jsut how I FEEL when I think of Alabama! ... actually that's not true either... awkward...


So, a couple of weekends ago, I flew down to the south to visit Jordan Knight, NO no the guy from new kids on the block... NO not jack black. :P (that one's for you Jordan) Anyway, it was a really great time. It all started with a phone call... a few days before I flew down there I gave Jordan a call and asked "hey buddy, what's weather going to be like? I wanna know how to pack..." "oh yeah, it's going to be great, 70 and sunny the whole time..." the kiss of death.

I showed up thursday afternoon, and ... it was... 70 and sunny! Wow. Super cool! We have dinner with the fam and head on over to Jordan's place. Early Morning Service was planned for Friday morning after all...

We get out to meet the early morning group at 7 am, and it's a little cold. We stick around for a bit and then head out. By the time we have been out for about an hour it had begun to drizzle... Comments were being made like "uh oh. we might have to call it a day..." I was like "WHAT? This is NUTHIN!". WE get to the service meeting and it is now raining. Super awesomeness. We are hesitant because it was forcasted for a TORNADO! WHAT? no way! So we hang out at the hall for a bit, then decide it probably won't hit us. we get out, it's raining, and we decide to just go to walmart and buy a weather radio for the hall. we get out to the parking lot, and Jordan and his brother just TAKE off... I'm like... weirdos... and then somebody dumped a bucket of water on me, or at least that's waht it was like. SHEETS of water were coming down and the 100' run to the store entrance found me soaked. We had torrential down pours for the rest of the day and spent the rest of the morning writing letters in the hall. Got home, watched the weather and the tornado just missed us and dissapated. We had a small hurrah at Jordan's parents house that evening and played apples to apples and Mafia. Greatness ensued.

Saturday was service again. Got to work with Jordan's grandparents. Cold cold weather. And then we got together in the evening for a congregation talent show (YES!), and then our for drinks after that. It was FREEZING by the time we got to the resturant.

SUNDAY. woke up. 2 inches of snow on the ground... WHAT? umm... ok... We had planned to go over to Jordan's parents for breakfast so we did, and found out that they might cancel the meeting. haha! So we hiked down to their waterfall on their property, got some cool pictures, got back and the snow was melting. Got to have to talk, went alright. Had hospitality at the Howdens. Went back to Jordan's place.

Monday we went and had breakfast with Jodran's dad Tony and from there headed out to meet up with his brother Ben and Cousin Zach in Birmingham. Had lunch and then went up to Vulcan. A huge cast iron statue w/ and exposed backside. Yee-ah. Went over to an OMNIMax movie, and then went to grandma's house where they had a family dinner.

Tuesday, got up. played some N64 with Trae Jordan's cousin. Then got on the plane.

All in all, was an awesome time, I just wish I would have brought a jacket. :P





Who's da baby??

Jordan's apartment

Jessica and Maria

It's raining HARD
letter writing groups
yeah, they use the set up on stage... weird.

see the word "Tuscalooa" with the copper swirly thing? yeah we were just east of tuscaloosa... and the swirly thing is a tornado...

Apples to Apples! I didn't get ONE green card. >:(

Weird smiles

Dancin with the g-parents out in service. yeah!

Jordan at the door

Not at home...

Who's that guy???? Tha's Ben Caldwell, MTS graduate from a few years back.

Jordan, Ben, and his brother Ben by their super neat contribution box that slides.

Not really sleeping...

For bible jepardy... jepordy... jep.... HOW DO YOU SPELL THAT WORD????

Neil is the BEST person to play mafia with! He's beyond paranoid.

Another Ben, and his wifey ... Allison? dang. i forgot.
Jessica, Ben, and Jacob
Jenny, Jessica's sister

the talent show begins with the game "who's aged the worst?" :D

Bible Jeopardy (yeah I looked it up... SO?)

kids singing "You are My Sunshine"

Waltz to Celine Dion's "Because I Love You" or something

straight up acapella kingdom songs. Does it get any better... nope.

*not real glasses*

Comic skit by Jordan's dad and brother.
Maria and Jacob

Out at Wings. Lindsey, Jordan, and Cameron. Awwwww....

The hike down to the falls. Look at the snow!

You think the shirt coming out is funny... wait til ya see what I am wearing.

The waterfall
upward panorama
had to climb the side wall to get this shot

Tony is down there for scale. It's big.

There is his mom Anita at the top.
ridiculousness

a small plant that's trying to live. it's perdy...
another one!
i took alot of pictures of this...
at hospitality. Jordan is a musical magician... and I am just holding that guitar looking good for the picture...

impression of Enrique Iglesias. I can be your heeeeeeeero baaaaaby!
Vulcan

At the observation tower, it was FREEZING and the wind was blowing.. hard. It was scary.

hi

at grandma's house. His Aunt Pam and cousin ... Whitney? Yeah, Whitney.

I don't know what everyone is looking at. I think someone is telling a story.

Me and Zach

Jordan and his cousin Courtney

Zoolander pose!

even i don't know...

Coming up... Canyon City, RECON trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment