Thursday, June 3, 2010

2010 SAD in Pendleton

Well, hello hello!

I know, I know, I have been really bad with posting things up here. In fact, ALOT has been happening, and it has kept me from posting. Sorry about that. Let's see, since Portland, what has happened?

1) My computer died... and when I say died I mean "OH MY GOODNESS MY LIFE IS OVER SINCE I DIDN'T BACK UP MY COMPUTER! AHHHHH!!!!!"-died. Probably one of the most stressful 2 hours of my life as i frantically tried to back up all my work from the past two years before a virus corrupted every single one of my files. I think I walked away with about 95%. Not a fun experience. Look for a post on just this event. Will be written as a moral.

2) Got a new car. A 2003 Subaru Forester! It is kind of a lemon tho. Kind of in the "I hate my life" sort of way. Look for this post too.

3) I started a new business with a brother that moved out here. What does 5 years of worldly education get you? Covered in soot. Morale of the story? Don't be dumb and go to college, you'll end up doing manual labor anyway. :) But it seems like it is going to work out pretty good. We just need to advertise and get clients. We have some AWESOME branding and marketing tho, so it's just a matter of getting the word out! Here's to hoping!

4) Went to the Portland District Convention. look for this post in the future.

Well, enough talk, You probably didn't read this anyway. So for this post, we'll have pictures of the recent "The Time Left is Reduced" Special Assembly Day in Pendleton.

Here ya go!

The drive out to Milton Freewater to meet up With Ken and Tonya Ormando. About a second before i took this picture, EVERYTHING was green. What happened? ... Yeah, don't know.
STARBUCKS!
So they revamped up the Pendleton Convention Center a bit. They put in these cloth canopies. Very nice aesthetically... but, the problem? It cancels all the direct noise from the speakers.... So all you hear in the echo... i.e. CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING. THose dumb architects and their impractical designs...
the stage.
Sean Kelley had the part on singleness... he also had it on the Circuit Assembly... As in the words of a great friend,,, "Singleness is a gift, and for some people, it's the gift that just keeps on giving." :)
So this is our baptism pool... It's a water trough... but they made a very pretty frame around it.
Brothers in my Congregation, Jan, Me and Jubal.
With Sean and the Ormandos. What a great couple! They just got their approval to enter the traveling work! Amazing! They'll be great for it.
So got invited after to have dinner with some friends in the area.
SCHALG!
Turned out to be a great group. Notice anyone familiar Jordan?
... and no, back to Canyon City!
Well, sorry for the long delay, and sorry for the short article. Next up, Moral #2: Computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment