Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Don't mess with a Rattler!

So, who wants to hear my first experience with my first live Rattlesnake?

So, it's service day. We have worked a whole morning and finished up a complete territory. So we're all tried, but there is still about 30 minutes left in the morning. So my coordinator has a call that will round out the morning...

This call is way out on the highway, but is an interesting guy with a huge shop. He has his own forge and all. Anyway, he's showing us around his shop and we come to two boxes... the first one has a snake in it and it's just a Gardner snake.... but I hear hissing and rattling... so I say, "I didn't know Gardner snakes rattled"... and he says, "No, that's the guy in the other box".

...

So I look over at this other box with a mesh top... and in the darkness i can kind of make him out... And peer in and say, "Wow, I've never seen a real live rattlesnake before!"... AS I'M SAYING THIS... AND LOOKING INTO THE BOX...

... I feel something hit my face. I recoil back and realize the whole right side of my face is wet.

And I don't know if it was divine guidance or what, but this was the first day in MONTHS that I decided to wear my glasses. So, thank GOODNESS it didn't get into my eyes. I think I used a whole bottle of hand sanitizer to clean my face.

It was just in my mind, but I swore my face was swelling up. I thought I was going to go and mutate and turn into Sloth from the Goonies. "HEY YOU GUYS!!!"
I didn't!... So yay for that.


Moral of the Story: You don't mess with a rattler, the Rattler messes with YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment