Well, it happened.... I'm here! It's crazy how it only take one day to officially come to a totally new place in life... 5 hours and 45 minutes to be exact. It hit me as I drove out of Portland... I'm not coming back... It's an emotional ride, because it's not friends I left there, it's family. it's the safety net of home and human perfection and love. It's different when you officially leave, but there is no looking back, and now it calls for full reliance on Jehovah. The true test. And that's what's crazy about Jehovah and the Organization he's made for us... We leave family to come meet new ones. To be able to step into a group of people at 7 o'clock pm a stranger and to leave at 9:45pm feeling like you have known these people for years... where else can you get that???You can't, and it's beautiful. How can you know somebody without ever knowing them? It sounds impossible! ... but with Jehovah's Spirit, nothing is impossible. It normally takes months, maybe even years, to get to know people. But all the important things, we already know... IS this a good person? Are they spiritual? What are their moral values? What do they do in their spare time? Will this person care about me? Can I trust this person? Will they think what I'm doing with my life is worthwhile? What is their belief system?... ALL these questions, we already know the answer to, we only need to know a few aspects of their personality and we are instant friends! Jehovah knows what he is doing, and he knows what each of us need. He will bring what we need to us. The way this congregation has taken me into their arms is truly touching. It really is.
Who else does what we do? It's special, and it's priceless. I hope all who read this have a chance to reflect on those Jehovah has allowed us to come to love, reflect back on those we've left in the past and to think about how special a people we are. We live the life of the elite my brothers and sisters. We are truly family.
Lever let go of what we have. Be strong, be faithful and endure. We will have eternity to hold each other.
Canyon City Creek, I can hear it if I open my windows...

The west side of the canyon

the east

the ONE large chain grocery store IN THE COUNTY... and it's only 5 mins away!

Downtown John Day

The Canyon City Post Office

The rock wall where I am going to build my fire pit

My back yard. I stacked all that wood! My property goes back to that tree right behind the shed

It was about a little over a chord

view out my front porch

under my trailer... THAT.IS.NOT .GOOD....

... neither is that...

... or that...

the hot water heater...

under the swamp cooler....

besides all that, it's in tip top shape! Actually it's much better than I thought it would be... I'm taping off where my furniture is going to go.

The wood stove.

view in to the kitchen, my mom is cleaning

wallpaper is HORRIBLE to take out!... and yes i have tried vinegar and yes i have the little tool that pokes holes into it... horrible I tell you. I'm going to have some of the young people come over tomorrow to help me do it.

the New office of COnstruct Design! :P

that bathroom that needs to be completely gutted with new wood put down under the floor.

washer and dryer location.

bedroom, you can see that I'm camping in here right now.

you always gotta take your meeting clothes with ya

the view out my kitchen window to a big rock formation outside.

My dad and Jonathan came out on Sunday to pick up my mom.

Cooking on the Wood stove! a little slower, but zero energy use!

Mimic of El Gaucho's Chateaubriand. It was actually very close. The key is to buy dry aged meat, which we have a supplier for out here. Nothing like massaged meat....

My coordinator, Jack, and his wife Sunne

a beautiful picture

next up? i dunno. I'm going to do some 3d mock up's of my place maybe. Look for those!
Thanks for posting these pix, Josh! I'm so glad you're feeling fine and enthusiastic about your new assignment; Jehovah is surely blessing you. Your place looks great (YIKES about that mold, though . . . )!
ReplyDeletePlease drop a line or post your new address so people can send you stuff. Don't forget -- we owe you a Happy Hour! ;-) I'm truly proud of you lil' brudder. It is a privilege to know you.
Your sis, Uani
JOshy!!!!! you rock for reminding us how special we are to be a part of this organization. your words have resounded in my head all day. you are jumping and trusting jehovah to catch you, i love it! it helps me in my situation to know that others are sacrificing to serve jehovah too and how they are rewarded ten times over. just wait and see what happens for you, the possibilities are endless, even in the middle of nowhere!! so glad we could hang out the other weekend. that made my trip! keep up the great photos. the one of you jumping the wall is pretty rad! i have it as my screen saver. take care. love ya man...
ReplyDelete