So... Two trips down... Two more to go! This trip Me, Sean Kelley and Austin Herd (not being assigned out to Eastern Oregon), went out to be at the SAD rehearsal for Eastern Oregon and to drop down into our assignments to check out housing options. Super fun sillyness all over the place, well, that and about 14 hours of driving in two days.
So as some may know, I have been looking for a place to live for some time now, and it appears that all the rentals down within a 30 mile radius of the Canyon City had either been a drug house prior to it being up for rent, or nobody has lived there but vermin for the past 15 years. Then, my mom, being the real estate broker she is, decided to look for place to buy... Turns out that most of the houses in the John Day/Canyon City area run for around $ 60k - $ 100k. So that's not going to work... then something came up, a single wide trailer on a piece of property for $ 40k. My mom thought she'd test it out and put in an offer for $ 25k. But they said no, but they said they would take $32k for it... If you add in the 2009 first time home buyer economic stimulus rebate of 10%, I was looking at $29k... That's like... a Camry... I could have that paid off in like...4 years... easy. I dunno. My parents said they could front the cash for it out of the equity in their home and I could pay them back interest free... SO... basically... on this trip, i signed the papers. I have been praying about it non-stop for a while now to see if it's the right decision. I am hoping that it is. The last thing i want to do is overstep or to view a muse by Satan as a blessing from Jehovah.
Anyway, the trip was an overall success and I'm really excited to get over there. 15 days left... and the clock is ticking.
So as some may know, I have been looking for a place to live for some time now, and it appears that all the rentals down within a 30 mile radius of the Canyon City had either been a drug house prior to it being up for rent, or nobody has lived there but vermin for the past 15 years. Then, my mom, being the real estate broker she is, decided to look for place to buy... Turns out that most of the houses in the John Day/Canyon City area run for around $ 60k - $ 100k. So that's not going to work... then something came up, a single wide trailer on a piece of property for $ 40k. My mom thought she'd test it out and put in an offer for $ 25k. But they said no, but they said they would take $32k for it... If you add in the 2009 first time home buyer economic stimulus rebate of 10%, I was looking at $29k... That's like... a Camry... I could have that paid off in like...4 years... easy. I dunno. My parents said they could front the cash for it out of the equity in their home and I could pay them back interest free... SO... basically... on this trip, i signed the papers. I have been praying about it non-stop for a while now to see if it's the right decision. I am hoping that it is. The last thing i want to do is overstep or to view a muse by Satan as a blessing from Jehovah.
Anyway, the trip was an overall success and I'm really excited to get over there. 15 days left... and the clock is ticking.
the cool part is looking in the glasses
Leaving Condon
Fun fun! next time, ... SAD pics.
Thanks for the pics of the house joshy, It's really cute (in a manly sort of way obviously) i wish i could give you a house warming party. maybe we can do,like an online party... how woud that work? yeah, that would be lame. ok, well can you get rid of some of the stuff in that house...? it's kinda... full. miss you, see you some day.
ReplyDeleteby the way, sweet shot of the cherry blossom trees.
ReplyDelete